For its upcoming online Meetup on September 9, 2021, the DC Network is looking for cases of projects using technology to enhance sustainability in fashion.
Wearable technology, high tech fabrics, AR, VR, data analytics, blockchain, nanotechnology, internet of things, robotics, 3D rendering, social media commerce… can all have an impact and added value on how we create, produce, experience and consume fashion today and tomorrow. Concrete examples such as smart textiles for second life purposes, RFID tags for traceability or AR/VR sizing for better fit in e-commerce showcase the potential of technology to create change and improve sustainability in fashion. In this Meetup we will share some of the most innovative approaches in the DC Network regions of how fashion designers and creative entrepreneurs use technology in fashion to enhance sustainability.
The DC Network Meetups are about bringing together professionals from the different DC Network-regions to discuss specific topics related to cross-disciplinary creativity, innovation & entrepreneurship. The idea is to share good practices/inspiring examples/projects and stimulate knowledge exchange.
The target audience for this Meetup are designers, creative entrepreneurs, representatives of creative clusters, network and business support organisations, researchers, policy makers and anyone with an interest in the subject.
This online DC Network Meetup will be hosted by DC Network-region Flanders (Belgium) and is organised by Flanders DC. Flanders DC has developed other projects on sustainability in fashion such as Close The Loop and on fashion tech such as Fashiontech works.
What’s in it for you as a presenter?
- You will be able to present your case to stakeholders from 13 of the most innovative regions across the globe (i.e. Baden Württemberg, Shanghai – Yangtze Delta River region, Bangalore – Karnataka region)
- You can learn from other creative entrepreneurs (on average + 50 participants)
- You can connect with possible partners to expand your business network
Send in your proposal
- We are looking specifically for cases of designers and/or creative entrepreneurs that are working on an inspiring case using technology to enhance sustainability in fashion. The case can be related to the creation, production, experience or consumption of fashion and is open for all technologies. Best practices that can be expanded or transferred to other regions within the network are even more encouraged.
- Submit your proposal (deadline: July 15, 2021) through this form. As part of the format of the DC Network Meetups, your presentation should be max. 10 minutes.
- A total of 5 projects will be presented during the Meetup. The Meetup itself will take place on September 9, 2021 (3:00 pm – 4:30 pm CET – online)
- The target audience are creative entrepreneurs, representatives of creative clusters, network and business support organisations, policy makers and anyone with an interest in the subject.